The Country Women's Association of NSW Bowral Branch was formed on 10 February 1925.
Land in Wingecarribee Street was purchased in 1929 and the current building erected. All debt on the building was paid off by volunteer fundraising.
The branch has been a strong supporter of its local community since its inception.
Bowral's Tulip Time held in Corbett Gardens is the branch's main fundraising event. Since 1960 when the event began, Bowral branch has served Devonshire teas and lunches to thousands of visitors viewing the tulips and Bowral.
As a result the branch has been able to donate funds to many projects over the years. These include the rebuilding of the head office of CWA in Potts Point, accommodation at Harbison Village, official disaster relief efforts and local schools and charities. Funds have also been provided to CWA projects both in Australia and overseas.
The branch celebrated its golden jubilee in 1985.
2015 was Bowral CWA's 90th birthday. We look forward to celebrating our centenary in 2025.
The branch is proud to uphold the intent behind the CWA motto:
“Honour to God,
Loyalty to the throne, service to the country,
Through country women, for country women, by country women”
BOWRAL CWA EXECUTIVE 2018/19
Margaret Smith AO
|International officer & minute secretary||Evarne Coote|
|Handicraft officer||Gwenda Churchill|
|Publicity officer||Maggie Stewart|
|Catering officer||Noeline Munro OAM|
|Agricultural and environment officer||Irena Beaseley|
|Land Cookery and workplace health & safety officer||Jean Woodman|
|Group councillors||Helen Kent, Maggie Stewart|
|Patron||Margaret Chambers OAM|